View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 06:25 AM  
Brujah
Beer Money Baron

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpv
ah ok

Yeah I hope they are up to the challenge. For them it should be easy. Many have strong affiliate base to try this. Many affiliates are showing they want to go in this direction... I see many choosing the no popup option even at a lower pay.

Here should be the basis...

- $24.95 monthly membership.
- no trials.
- no popups.
- no cross sales.
- only content from the paysite can be used for promotions
- members areas that update at least 1 photo set per day and 6 videos per month. I know this seems like it is not enough for retention but it is! I used less than this in the past with a great retention to the second month.

Trust me. You will make a killing going in this direction and eventually create more sales for all of us over the next 5-10 years. Think long term! Many of you 5 years ago would only think a year or two ahead. Why? Here we are 5 years later. Time is going so fast and this business is not going anywhere. We just need to clean it up more to create more customers overall. We all need to start looking at customer satisfaction.
What about your own affiliates? Are you willing to teach them how to promote your site with the best results? Obviously, you have a lot of knowledge about what works for your site. You've mentioned the art of preselling.