View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 PM  
edgeprod
Permanently Gone

Industry Role:
Experienced Coder Looking For The Next Adventure

Some of you may know me, and others probably don't. I've been engaged on a number of projects lately and have kept my board-presence low. I moderate another popular forum (I won't disrespect JBM by stating which one, but you can probably figure it out), but have found a home here as well.

As a brief introduction for those of you I haven't worked with yet, I'm the guy who coded Autoblogger Pro Stand Alone (a platform-independent auto-propagating content publishing platform) and Feed Pushers (morphing RSS feeds for sponsor programs). Here are some screen shots to refresh your memory (click for full-size images):

I've been doing contract work for the past year or so, and have found it to be very satisfying overall. I'm looking for the next "big thing," however. I don't want to get stuffed in a closet working on something no one will see. I want that "trophy" to point to and say "yeah .. I did that for that company." I want to set the world on fire with what we create together.

To that end, I'm going to release something "into the wild" that I've had under my hat for a while. This is a calculated risk on my part: sure, someone can take it and develop it, but I want potential partners to have a peek inside of how my mind works. Judging from the past, people generally create "me too" applications of virtually anything I do, so I assure you that I have many more ideas, projects and prototypes beyond this one.

The file is a PDF, and it essentially lays out a content aggregation system that uses some of the auto-creation ideas I've become known for mixed with CMS-like features across a network of branded properties. It can be downloaded by clicking the following thumb (right-click to save, of course):

Please excuse the sponsor-biased tone of the document, as it was created with a company in mind that was seeing lackluster affiliate performance and wanted to enhance their "in-house" sales strategies.

I am intensely focused and goal-oriented. I code primarily in PHP, but am willing to adopt other languages as needed.

Do you have something exciting going on at your company? Are you ready for the next big thing? Contact me, let's talk.

Resume and references are, of course, available upon request.
edgeprod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote