View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 01:59 AM  
edgeprod
Permanently Gone

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerK View Post
thanks for creating a program i bought that doesn't work.

Btw, I believe the coder maintains his work. So you'd be free to fix it and help some of us that got fucked over.
I did all kinds of free support for about year, but how long would you work for free when you were continually promised payment and then it wasn't delivered? I think it's different if you get PAID for something .. but since I'm no longer associated with the company that sells it and doesn't pay me a dime, it's an awkward situation. I appreciate the large amount of people who posted GFY threads and sent ICQ's, e-mails, liquor (thanks Andre!), Omaha Steaks, and Harry and David baskets ... but the small few who made life difficult for the FREE job I was doing turned me off to the whole thing, to be honest.

No offense, but how much free work do you do for companies you no longer deal with? I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but I feel like that needed a reply.

If you're asking me to actually change the codebase itself ... although I have the sourcecode, I consider it unethical to release or revise it, no matter how things went down with the whole situation.

I support any efforts you make to hold the company that sold you the product accountable, and if I am ever paid for my efforts, I'd be more than happy to give some more free help, like I've always offered ... I've never put "limits" on the time I'd support any of my products, like many companies do (and are right to do).
edgeprod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote