View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 10:39 AM  
DeanCapture
Haters & Trolls SUCK!

Industry Role:
Fuck The Tubes.....

I was chatting with a client the other day and we were discussing illegal tubes....

Seems to me that the only way to really work around the tubes and still make money is to offer your members the kinds of products that they can't get from tubes. Tubes sites are only stealing your videos right now.....so how about offering products in your site that the tubes sites have no interest in stealing?

Since I started thinking about this, I have come up with several very unique product ideas for a paysite that I think would keep members coming back month after month. Yes they may still visit the tubes but these products are not offered at tube sites and would only be available from a paysite.

To make money as long as tubes are stealing your videos....you have to get away from thinking that videos are your MAIN product. Yes videos are important and that's exactly why tubes are stealing them. But if video is only a part of what you offer, you stand a better chance of surviving the tubes.

I think the future for paysites is good as long as the folks running them keep in mind that customers want quality and they want new and innovative product. Beautiful HD video is great but should only be a small part of your overall offerings.
DeanCapture is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote