View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 PM  
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
And that is why guys like Shap are caught in a bind. They simply have too much to lose. But at the same time they see what's happening to them.

It really sucks. And it just came down to a time and place for me personally where I was seeing diminishing returns by not doing anything. The bigger sites that have been around a while have a HUGE member base that dwarfs me. So the risk is much bigger.

Hell, we all have 60%+ of members rebilling that don't even remember they joined. But that 40% who do come in regularly are a precious commodity.

For a site like Mandy's or Claudia's...it's not quite that much of a gamble.

The guys who join our sites are faithful to the girl.

But a big generic site full of hundreds of girls who don't interact with the membership? That's another animal there.

Guys like Shap have a LOT more to lose. My personal thought is that if those big mega-sites started switching over they would begin building business again. But the odds of it happening with such a huge rebill amount on the line are slim.

Can't blame them one bit. But at the same time, it's putting a long term hurting because of slow new growth. It's really a Catch-22 for them.

Naughty America has been one of the most hurt by the tubes and torrents.

I've promoted them since they started out as Socal Cash.

Always made great money with them. Until the last year.

Now I'm 1:5,763 ratio with them.

And the kicker is...they have never had better content and better sites than they do now. Their stuff is the best out there in my opinion. And yet, no matter what I do...I can't make a sale with them. Oh, I keep trying. My surfers on my TGP's love their stuff. But they don't buy it. They just use me to pinpoint what they want, and then go and download it from a torrent.
good point,you would think the really big players would pay some college kid part time 10 bucks a hour.Just to surf tubes and torrents to find their stuff.
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote