View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 05:49 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum-x View Post
...and what I'm saying is:

- Even if your content is protected, you're not changing the level of faith amongst your members. The members you'd assume to be the most 'faithful', ie, the ones with accounts of 6+ months, are the ones that are stealing, torrenting, tubing, rapidsharing the content.

- I wrote software that tracked stolen and redistributed videos back to the member, IP, time and date. Cross referencing that information with that of literally thousands spidered videos on torrent sites, rapidshare, forums and usenet with the member database, and finding the above stated correlation, I'd say that I've got fairly hard data.

You don't have to believe me, and I did come off more beligerant in my original post than intended - I'm simply trying to offer some insight into what seems to be a logical, but incorrect assumption.
I'm very aware of who stole what from me. And when I confronted them and explained what was really going on...every one of them were shocked, well at least as shocked as I could tell via email. And my point is...they CAN'T steal my shit and upload it anymore. And the true members...the ones who didn't join JUST to download everything are faithful to the girl and remain members whether they can download it or not. That was my whole point.

It was easier for me to go encrypted streaming with a loyal following for Claudia-Marie than it is for a big generic site that has been around for years and has a much bigger member base from all those years who rebill. For them it's a much more scary proposition.