View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:49 PM  
st0ned
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
Yes, basically keep all my entries and text, and be able to use the full functionality of the LM script.
The importing scripts will be finished next week and yes you will have the ability to import your WP database along with the databases of many other popular scripts.

BUT there are two takes on this, with SEO in mind:

A) If you have a well established blog running on Wordpress or any other blog platform and are seeing good results in the search engines (ranking and traffic) then I would NOT recommend you switch the main platform of your site to ANY other platform. The reason for this as we all know is that search engine's are without a doubt finicky. Being big on SEO myself I would not suggest switching your primary platform IF you have good rankings and risk Google having some sort of problem with it and dropping your site in the ranks. HOWEVER this is not to say that Liquid Media's blogging system is not just as powerful because without a doubt it is. Simply that is might not we a wise decision in regards to SEO IF your site is already established and well ranked.

B) If you are working with a not so established blog that does not yet have good ranking in the search engines or a lot of traffic from them then YES I would suggest importing your Wordpress db into Liquid Media to allow you to combine all of the features on a single page.

Whether you feel A or B is a better route to take in your case, Liquid Media can still be used to increase features thus keeping visitors on your site longer and returning more often. If A was a better option you could setup subdomains like tube.yourdomain.com to run Liquid Media's tube features, tgp.yourdomain.com to make use of its picture gallery features, or both if you wish - all while keeping your main platform in place as to not risk any negative SE results. Or if B was a better route for you to take you can import and combine all of the features together right on your main index.

Last edited by st0ned; 09-05-2009 at 04:52 PM..
st0ned is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote