View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:59 PM  
Zeroquest
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneless View Post
sure that helps, do you use smarty engine for the designs, or something custom to LM?
The default skin included with every copy has every feature enabled. Beyond that, I am working on a video tutorial to explain away any additional concerns or frustrations with regards to integration. We want this as seamless as possible.

I elected not to go with the smarty engine for Liquid Media. In testing I found my own solution to be many times faster due to the reduced overhead of not including smarty. While it's a great template solution, a lot of non-techies find it overly complicated and I want to avoid that as much as possible. To that end, I am almost always available to field questions and the forum, with it's many tutorials is the perfect place to handle any integration concerns (as everyone can benefit from that).

As far as flexibility, there really are no limitations. The thumbnail engine is completely free-form and can start and stop in any location along with any html/php on any templates. Meaning you can certainly make pretty much any design work. Thumbnail sizes can be switched on the fly and the engine will automatically generate new thumbnails in the specs you define.

Meaning you could switch to say 200x100 (wide) thumbs from the default and instantly the site will update and the new size will be active. The script's smart caching algorithm prevents cpu load by only re-generating pages as they're accessed. Meaning as each page is loaded, it will update to the new thumb size and then cache the result until something changes. This means every surfer is served a STATIC html page meaning zero load time. (Save for stats logging -- 3 sql UPDATE queries) Admin accounts have nothing cached so any changes are instant for you. (cropping, approving, skinning, etc)

Feel free to ask anything further, I'm working on a promo video to demo some of the more advanced features tonight. So I should be around to field any of the more technical questions.
Zeroquest is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote