View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 AM  
lagcam
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
When people get it into their heads that this or that "sucks". they seldomly listen to reasoned argument. So some people prefer godaddy and some prefer namecheap.....up to them, but saying that Godaddy suck because they delete domains with fake whois information is ridiculous. They are just doing what they are supposed to do when they find fake information.

Whoever enters fake information on a domain registration deserves to lose the domain. If you don't want people to know what domains you own, pay for privacy that is what it is for. Scammers and spammers and people up to no good register fake whois information. I doubt the domain registrars have time or can be bothered to establish who is a scammer and who is just cheap.

For the record, I have between 70 and 80 domains (95% adult) with godaddy and have had for about 5 years without a single issue. I did lose a few with registerfly a few years ago, and godaddy saved me losing the rest, so FOR ME they provide and have always provided a good service, and if you alwas search for coupons before renewals you can get some decent prices also. Just try the one at the beginning of this thread. It just renewed 8 domains for me with privacy at a cost of just $61
lagcam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote