View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 PM  
harvey
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bake View Post
The smarter gallery makers had ways and little tricks of maketing that these days are forgotten or unknown things like simple thumb layouts that used to called the funnel effect. Writting good innovative text that made people curious and needing to know more.
Its not one magic solution but many small subtle things that end up making great one page adds that make real money. I've made templates that have produced 500+ plus sales just from own submissions. The guys who could do this stuff have retired or have lost interest.
And it sure isn't glossy photoshop
great answer and totally true

@Peter

there are a lot of things to keep in mind. Most designers will say "yes I can do it" and that would be true in most cases. But if you want some accuracy, you'll need to define things. ie: which niche? are they going to be FHG or galleries you want to submit by yourself? if the second: do you plan to submit to sites like The Hun or to thumbs TGPs? what about thumbs? do you want to be generic templates so you could add thumbs at a later time or do you want the thumbs added in the gallery from the start? if the second: would you provide the set with the given amount of pics or do you want the designer to choose 16/20/whatever pics from a batch? interactivity? RSS galleries for blogs? script enhanced galleries?

as you can see, there's more than simply throwing some thumbs in a template. You've marketing (as Bake mentioned) and you've behavior, technology, features and so on. Personally, I don't do galleries anymore unless I'm specially requested by my clients and usually as a favor, because most people won't pay what I need to charge. And certainly I would never work without an upfront payment, so the best I can do within your requirements is recommend you Deej or a guy called Xerex or something like that. Fletch used to do simple yet nice galleries as well, dunno if he still does them since I see his wife is recommending him for banners in this same thread, but anyway, worth asking