View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 12:16 PM  
The Demon
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc View Post
If you could pirate 3D Avatar, it would be bigger... the more piracy (ie: social chatter) the bigger the movies are, statistically provable and used against the mpaa in court.
Wait what? This goes against logic and common sense(Not a stretch for you). I really hope you're joking. Chances are you aren't but when enough people call you out on it, you'll pretend you were "baiting". Anyways no, the more a movie is pirated, the less it is seen in theaters. This movie was pirated over 900,000 times in 2 days, yet its profits were enormous. In a sense, Cameron completely destroyed piracy for at least, this movie, because everyone is going to see it multiple times in theaters.

Quote:
It being 3D hasn't made me want to go see it, at that Moms and Daughters, Boyfriends and Girlfriends aren't going to watch it at the theaters 10x times. And even with DOUBLE the ticket prices today and no Piracy to help, Avatar still isn't going to pass Titanic.
Except nobody said people would watch it 10x times in theaters. But definitely twice or three times. And yes, it is going to pass Titanic, provided it continues this course, and it will be even more impressive than Titanic. This isn't supposed to happen in the golden age of piracy.

Quote:
Think of that, it's like Avatar has to sell HALF the tickets... it has nothing on Titanic.
Titanic and the movies of the 90s were in theaters 6+ months, and didn't have to contend with piracy, think of that.

Quote:
It's a bunch of nerds buying into it, the star track dorks... that have the attention span just long enough to last to the next fun toy to call cool.
Remind me to make fun of you for liking (insert movie title here). Too bad you don't have much credibility to go on.