View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:35 AM  
TheDoc
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
I'm sure that's the case. I'm just saying that it's fucked up that a person's name is considered "private information" with regards to the rules. How can a person's given, legal name...that's on his driver's license, SS card, etc...be considered private? The logic there is just totally fucked and as always...inconsistant, to say the least.
Most of the time peoples names come out, in non-attacking threads.. An Admin make the adjustment, nobody cares... just like articles on our industry news sites, mistakes happen.

The name many of us call each other at shows, MANY people really, including myself... is not what our real legal names are. Some far more extreme than others. This is for sure semi-private information, private still being the keyword.

As well... some people have published rights on the full legal name being used in reference to the themselves, even more so if done in a negative way and without permission. This is why Celebs have the power they do with a shared name, it's very easy to do...

Point being... peoples names are much more private than you think.

Last edited by TheDoc; 01-14-2010 at 08:37 AM..
TheDoc is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote