View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 AM  
DamianJ
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
Great article!

Why do you say it takes YEARS for people to react?
Say they read your emails every week and have come to trust you. The signal that will make them sign up is still the content you show them. If they receive this signal after a few days or weeks, then they'll sign up. IMHO, if it took your years to send them the right signal, then you must be doing something wrong.
After doing email marketing for 8 years, I have found that newsletter lists are most responsive after 18-24 months. Clearly people do respond after one week. But it takes a lot more time than people think to build up that trust.

I listen to Audible ads on This Week In Tech every week. For a couple of years. I haven't responded yet. But I am close to it.

Of course, your experience may well be different. This time is only for cold newsletter sign ups, not winback campaigns. There are no hard and fast rules, each list is different. I was just speaking from my experience.

Thanks for contributing to the thread.
DamianJ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote