View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:04 AM  
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
CyberSEO synonymizing and rewriting features

How the "Synonym Table" works?

First of all, I have to mention that the CyberSEO synonym table is bi-functional. It can be used for, in fact, synonymizing of the aggregating posts and for rewriting.

The Synonymizer

Let's start with synonymizing feature of the CyberSEO RSS feed aggregator. Some people asking me "is there some proggie to turn this sequence of synonyms
cute|nice looking|charming into 3 lines like this:
Quote:
cute|nice looking|charming
nice looking| cute|charming
charming|cute|nice looking
I'm always answering that they don't need to do so. The CyberSEO synonymizer will need only one version of synonym sequence. Because it compares are replaces every word/phrase in the aggregating post with every word/phrase in the given synonym sequence.

So if you are syndicating this post: "A pretty girl is walking in the park.", and if you have the following synonym table:
Quote:
cute|nice looking|charming|pretty
lady|young woman|girl|gal|babe|legal aged teen lady
strolling|walking|having time off
park|pleasure garden|recreation area
The syndicated text may look like this:
"A nice looking young woman is having time off in the recreation area."
or like this:
"A charming lady is strolling in the park."
etc...

As you can see, there can be generated more than 250 different variants for the example above. Not so bad, yeah? ;)

The CybsrSEO synonymizer is smart enough to take care of word's register. For example, if the original text was "A Pretty GIRL is walking in the park.", the synonymized result could look like this: "A Charming LEGAL AGED TEEN LADY is walking in the pleasure garden."

Conclusion: The CybsrSEO Suite synonymizer:
1) is able to synonymize words, phrases and even paragraphs of text;
2) it parses all the synonym table but not just a first word in the synonym sequence (line);
3) it's case insensitive;
4) it ignores the HTML code of the post (your URL's etc will be safe from synonymizing).

TIP: If you want some words to be forcibly capitalized/uppercased while they are synonymized, you have to capitalize/uppercase them in your syndicating table, e.g.:
Quote:
United States|North America
So the following phrase: "I live in the united states" will turn into "I live in the United States" or into "I live in the North America".

Now a few words about rewriting.

The Rewriter

If you have a list of words you want to completely replace in the syndycating posts, you can also include them into the synonym table in the following format:
|subjec_of_replacement|the_replacement

Important: Note the leading "|" symbol, which tells the CyberSEO Suite: "this is a rewrite rule!"

There are also two serious differences between synonymizer and rewriter:
1) the rewriter is case sensitive;
2) the rewriter affects the whole HTML code of the aggregating post so you can replace (rewrite) any parts of URL's, tags etc.

For example, the aggregating post is the following: "Sarah Palin is a frickin idiot.", and your synonym table has the following lines:
Quote:
|frickin|weird
|idiot|mentally retarded person
As the result we will get this: "Sarah Palin is a weird mentally retarded person."

Hope you've got it

This was my first educational "Tips and Tricks" post for CyberSEO Suite users.

Have a nice day