View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 02:32 PM  
Jdoughs
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthnicLover View Post
Thanks for this very informative post! A few questions for you:

1) Is it worth starting up lets say 20 (or more) free host blogs and filling them with original content, maybe update at least once a month, and then linking back to the money sites with specific keywords (I noticed that for the Fat Dicks site there were some Blogspot backlinks)? Also, will anyone trade with free host sites on Link Spun and other trade sites?

Thanks!
Hey there, great questions. I'll do my best to answer them for ya.

Some people are not interested in blogs built on free systems but in my opinion you'd have to be a fool to not incorporate them into your linking/network strategy. You can build them in less then an hour, or pay out someone to do bulk builds for you.

I do just as you mentioned, build out a handful of freeblogs with UNIQUE content, and utilize them for link trades, or flat out building pushing a few etc links to a money site.

Those old blogspot links are from my 'initial' gold mine I found of blogs blogs back in 04, most are deleted/cancelled now by blogspot, but a few still remain and still point strong links to the sites (as shown by you finding it to begin with). Thumblogger and SensualWriter are 2 adult friendly services that do have very strong trust/weight associated with them, and are great targets for this.

The thing with the free blogs (I'll use thumblogger as an example) is the domains often have massive 'weight' to them, and you can instantly bring yourself into competitive terms riding on that weight/trust that the entire domain shares. There is also several directories ran by them that you can get listed in, and give yourself and the blogs an initial 'boost' of spidering and Page Rank. (usually pr1-3), this comes into play in the big picture as we are going to get an 'average return link' equal to our 'average feeder sites value'.

About webmasters and if they actually trade with free blogs? Obviously not all do, but most will and especially if that site appears to be a handwrote, regularly updated one, and having a splash of page rank shows that they are at least several months old, and have a handful of links pointed at them. I usually let my free blogs 'sit' for a month or two after submitting to a handful of select directories I like, I'll explain why a little better below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthnicLover View Post
2) How far can I go with the ABC linking strategy? Meaning, if I am linking off of 10 or so of my own blogs in order to point hundreds of links back to a main money site, how many outgoing links should I allow on those blogs? As long as those blogs have original content and are updated at least monthly or so is that sufficient as far as not having to worry about the amount of outgoing links? Also should I get a handful of reciprocal links on those blogs first before looking to do ABC trades with them or is submitting to some directories sufficient?
I like to use this as a rough estimate when figuring feeders/hardlinks. When I'm thinking about how many feeders I'll need to build to push 400-500 links to a money site, I use 20 hardlink trades per year, per feeder site. Now naturally over the course of a year, some of those trades will die, some will be removed, so we do check them and police them to a certain degree, removing weaker/dead ones allows us more room for fresh trades.

When starting fresh, or brand new on a network, I will build out something along these lines (Im actually a fan of less is more, it has greater long term results then building en masse with lesser quality, but for all intensive purposes here we will use a round number to begin).

100 sites/domains/blogs used as feeder sites, this should equal out to roughly 20 inbound links each, per year. Resulting in 2000 inbound links per year to our money site. These sites should have minimum 3-5 unique posts (pages) each, and be highly focused. You want to cover a broad depth of niches with them so you have a site that every webmaster looking will want a link on. These feeders aren't about building to match our niche, but to offer up as many relevant niches to webmasters looking for links or trades with us.

Build out these 100 sites with unique content, and get some initial links going to them all. If you do not have other sites or places to get these initial links, use directories. These 100 sites basically 'seed' until first page rank update. There is a BIG reason why we let these stew, if we throw up 10 pages today, and try to get trades on them, our possible traders are seeing a Grey Pr and then also seeing a blank cache of the site, and lose interest right away.

If they 'stew' or 'seed' for a couple months, they will acquire some Page Rank *from the directories, we've 'created' PR/Juice for free from them), they will get cached and have a handful of cached pages. They will just plain be much more desirable as a link trade to users looking for them. This way a guy hits your feeders, sees a pr2, sees it well cached, pages in the index, and unique relevant content. You won't have to ask him, he will want a link on it himself and most likely request such.

While your 100 feeders are stewing, you build out 2-3 target url's focusing on keyterms you want, and begin regular, consistent updates on your money sites. For the 1-3 months it takes for you to get all your feeders built, submitted, cached and indexed you should be doing regular consistent updates on your money sites. And keep them as focused as you can. Keep them very targeted to your keyterm, they should only be about one thing, your keyterm. You want google to have no question that they should be listed in results for their surfers.

Once you've got your 100 feeders (lets call these party planners) indexed and 'known', and you've got your 2-3 money sites built and being updated, you can start actively hunting out link trades at the tune of 20 per feeder, per year. You will see you don't really need to 'limit' any of the trades on these, but going over 20-25 will get you substantially less requests every week on them.

So now these 100 sites are ready to get you linked up from 2,000 separate, individually owned websites and get these return links to your money site. Now if we go back and revisit the 'Fat Dicks Party' analogy, what we have effectively done (or trying to do) is bring in a whole bunch of outside influence to this party, and get our money sites whispered in Googles ear repeatedly (by separately run, independent websites not in anyway linked to us).

Last edited by Jdoughs; 06-11-2010 at 02:38 PM..
Jdoughs is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote