Old 06-14-2010, 04:46 PM  
Jdoughs
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas007 View Post
Some questions:

1)
Is 4-5 posts on a feeder site really enough? I thought Google would deem the site dead as it don't update.

2)
If you have 100 feeder sites, do you spread them out on several hosts, or can you use only one and spread them out over several IPs in different C classes?

3)
Registrars:
I'm considering testing the concept with 100 different feeder sites which each shall have their own domain.
What do you think about using the same registrar and use their privacy service?

4)
Statistics:
How do you track the traffic on all the feeder sites? Using the same google account and analytics for all the domains does not sound like a good idea to me.

5)
Templates: If we do 100 feeder sites, should we use different templates on the worlpress blogs?

Maybe we should pay you to consult us on this project :-)

Hey there, great sites you guys have I'll try to address each of your questions.

1. 4-5 posts is good for building the feeder site out. It's enough get it listed in your select directories as hand wrote blogs to help get them some initial spidering and page rank. If you are building out 100 sites, plan on 4-5 each to build them out, and then as PR and indexing starts to fall into place and they are complete, you can set up monthly updates on the sites you want.

Regular updates is not the end all be all. There is several 'informative, authoritative' sites that do not regularly update, and do just fine. To me, more important then regular updates is CONSISTENCY in the content, the updates, the link generation etc.

2. I do use a few different hosts, and have several IP's on each (few different c-classes on each as well) but I do NOT go through any extreme lengths to hide them. In this approach, we do not link ourselves up, or cross link any of the domains, and none of them have similar outbound link patterns, nor link to the same site. We don't need to 'pass the google checks' for ip,registrar, name servers etc.

This is what makes the strategy work so well and last so long, there is no footprints left to follow.

3. Same as above really, I use a few registrars and register domains at all of them, I do NOT use any extra privacy settings. If you do all these things that black hatters (or anyone trying to hide) do to 'hide' themselves you have to imagine that would be a dead giveaway that something is up with the domains.

4. I don't use google analytics, for any tracking on any of my sites. I will use server stats to track the traffic. Have also used PIWIK on a few and like it if server load isn't an issue on the feeder box.

5. Templates, yes indeed you want to use several, you don't want to have 25 identical sites for other webmasters to see when they check your list, or when you offer them a link trade. I usually don't like to use a theme more then 2-3 times on my own stuff, mostly out of 'creative habit' and I also like to 'change up' the way I post my text and images/videos.

Change it up, use different length blog posts, themes, layouts, approach, sales text etc. (100 sites with 5 posts, that each have exactly 200 words, linking to the same sponsor, with images hotlinked from same domain, well you get that picture..lol)
Jdoughs is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote