View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 03:39 AM  
dazzling
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Its a nice design, looks a bit like outpersonals though.
I would remove the tranny and bi-curious stuff. I do a lot of business in gay personals as well as other dating websites and its what I specialize in. First, you need to understand the real gay community. Extensive research has shown that gay men are not interested in hetro men or even bi-curious men. The research Ive seen shows only 2% of gay men are interested in bedding a hetro or bi-curious guy. Your colors are fine, and through the study of color psychology on gay dating websites Ive had the best success with whites and blues. Suggest you give the color, Robin Egg Blue a go as extensive research into this color shows how well it converts.
Get rid of the fake photos, fact is most gay men look nothing like that and research has shown it to be a turn off in real gay dating websites. What those photos will do is attract free signups from time wasters and hetro men.
Despite what many people think, less then 1% of gay men cruise a gay bar. And only 2% of gay men sleep around.
Gay men are REAL people with real lives and real feelings. They are seeking relationships and friendship.
Get some realistic photos of real men of all ages and shapes and you will start to attract the real gays that will convert.
Have a look here at the best converting lesbian dating website around, http://planetsappho.com. Notice the rotating photos on the front, girls laughing on a beach, holding hands, girls in the park, etc.
Gay men like cooking, fashion, home renovation.
Get some photos of two guys cooking a happy meal together, guys holding hands, guys strolling in the park, guys paying a game of monopoly, things like that. Because this is what gay couples do. Photos of gay couples smiling, happy and living life is what works. They DONT prance around with their shirt up. Also, suggest you target a specific country only. You will get less free signups, but better conversions and much higher rebills. Best of luck.

Last edited by dazzling; 01-30-2011 at 03:44 AM..
dazzling is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote