View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 03:45 PM  
Adraco
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugrush View Post
I wasn't a part of PlugRush when things hit the shitter, nor was I after, or you would have had every answer I could have given. I am here now, answering any and all questions, and trying my hardest to get this thing back up and running.

As far as the mobile traffic being tested, I agree 100%. Believe me, everyone involved was thoroughly bitched out.
Backups are now stored in THREE different places. Two of which are EXTREMELY secure. In case something happens like it did last time, who do you think would be the best prepared? Of course, someone who has been through this before, learning the hard way, so that they know exactly how to bounce back from it faster and better than anyone.

My goal is to earn your trust back, along with everyone else. Give me 3-6 months and I will prove it to you.
However you were or wasn't part o Plugrush before, during or after is somewhat irrelevant, it's still the same brand in people's minds. I'm definitely not here to argue or bad mouth you in any way, you just asked "why don't you use us" and I try to respond with some reasonable pointers and constructive criticism. You being here now is, indeed, appreciated and I like your tone a lot. I really do! But no maatter if you so were the Son of God himself, people were wrongfully treated and only time and proven performance will help to heal that. My best advice would be to move slowly and patiently.

You still have name recognition and an easy enough setup. Even John Doe who started out yesterday can with reasonable efforts be up and running with you in less than an hour. Which, one must admit, nothing short of impressive.

However or not the people involved in the mobile redirect have been bitched at is of equal irrelevance. Sure, it's nice to know that there is one main guy who's running the ship and that the moral standard is decent. But still, a public thread here, saying "We're sorry"would have gone a LONG way. What guarantees are there something similar won't happen again? I believe you guys to be smart and bright enough to see and seize an opportunity when it arises. This leads to the question of next time you guys get an idea, program a piece to handle it, and you want to test it live, what guarantee is there to stop this from being repeated? What's the absolute emergency that prevented you from asking 10, 15, 20 of your largest users if they'd be willing to partake in a new test? Or even have a special "opt-in" box in the settings page, where one could opt-in to allow you to use my site for special tests of new features and services? And as a treat either offer a 5% extra payment or a monthly lottery of say an ipad or something among the people who by their own free will opt-in.

Backups, oh yes, we all need them! This is the story you should be telling and the song you should be singing each and every time. Explain thouroughly to people about those backups, what an excellent safety system you have, backups in different geographic locations, maybe even on different continents? Tell people what you ave done to prepare yourself for the worst. You need trust, and by being open about your safety and guarantees, you will make it a lot easier for yourself. Explain in detail and trust that sane peole will make the right judgement for themselves.

Again, I am using you at the moment and have no plans on changing that. I will gladly give you six months to prove yourself, because I like what you have. And I sincerely appreciate you atking the time to be here and answering questions, it definitley goes to credibility.