View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:21 PM  
signupdamnit
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I'll gladly send that information to Paxum......when all their owners send me a copy of their Driver's Licenses and Proof of Address too. Who even owns Paxum anyway? What's his or her name?

When I open a bank account all they ask for is my Driver's License, some basic info, and my tax ID/SSN. They then run a few checks. I've never had to provide utility bills and the like.

Further I know it's standard but how is this information going to be used and retained exactly? My bank doesn't retain a copy of my DL they write down the number and verify it. In the privacy policy I see "We may also disclose non public personal information about you as permitted by law." which as I understand it means you reserve the right to disclose the information to whomever you wish as long as you can legally get away with it. Is this correct? If so that seems pretty disturbing to me.
signupdamnit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote