View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 PM  
signupdamnit
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
So this means if for example only the street name contains one tilde, hyphen or accent, it means that you need a notarized TRANSLATION of the address? WTF???

I would understand if it's in Greek, Russian, Chinese or something alike. But languages that use normal latin letters, just with accents are included, too?
Even if it were in a non-latin script you'd think they'd be intelligent enough to know how to verify it regardless. It's not as if there isn't the internet and all sorts of online translators. How hard could it be?

I feel for the thread starter. I'm a US citizen and had to go through all sorts of BS verification with a non-US based host. After going round and round with them and starting to feel as if there might be something else going on like identity theft I decided to just walk away because it wasn't worth it to me to give them all the info they wanted.

People can make their own judgment calls but if you give out these sorts of personal documents to anyone who asks online without verifying who they are and how exactly it will be used then you are a fool.
signupdamnit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote