View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 01:12 PM  
medicatedghost
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
Will try to give some more details

The AWE Meet Market will take place on the 15th(5-8) and the 16th(12-2).

As far as I know almost all companies that participate have signage, so you can recognise easily who is who.

You can find a list of the exhibitors here and we keep adding more: http://internext-expo.com/meetmarket.html

Personally I also miss the booths concept and I tried to revamp it this year, offering a super cheap package to companies. Times have changed indeed but if there is a place that can support a show floor, thats Vegas. Being the largest event worldwide, still attracts a large number of newbies(that are indeed looking for a show floor to orientate themselves) and has the critical volume of people to now be a dead space.

The main problem though was not the cost, but the fact that most companies I spoke, didnt want to commit being stuck in the booth for many hours, as they want to have private meetings etc.

That is why we tried to find a middle solution and we extended the meet market in the first 2 days, so people can network at the beginning of the event, see what the big companies are offering, have time set up their meetings with companies that want to talk further etc.

Last year was one of the best parts of the show and in Amsterdam has always worked great as a networking experience, so I have no doubt that this time will be even better
thank you for the details. that sounds like a scenerio me and my half developed social skills can manage.
Just a lowly webmaster trying to start (over) and if you could see to it that I got a fair shake from your algorithms - I'd be VERY happy to sign up with you and work my ass off producing pages that sell your product...........i can make a living with only a portion getting shaved off of my checks
google voice: (four-two-four) 210-7676
gmail: harry90717 @
twitter: uses gmail account
medicatedghost is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote