View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:53 AM  
stocktrader23
Let's do some business.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextri View Post
Can you explain the discrepancy in traffic your talking about? As far as I can tell, from your stats you have received more traffic than you have ordered?
I wish I knew, here is what I can tell you.

websitename 200
websitenameTCR 8153

When I first started a campaign I sent the traffic to my homepage which is a collection of webcam thumbnails like most cam sites. At that time you had to click on an actual thumbnail before those hits registered in stats. The reason any click registers is that the pages use Chaturbate embeds which are iframes and show up in stats on page load.

After about 80 hits to the tracker 'websitename' which is standard throughout the site and would indicate that people were clicking to individual cam pages from the thumbs, I added an iframe of the top chatroom at the very top of the home page using the tracker websitenameTCR.

The stats you see above are what happened after I added the chatroom iframe. The only place that tracker is used is on the home page iframe. My Chaturbate stats now show that the embed has 8153 hits. Oddly, I can't get an iframe like that to count me more than once no matter what I do. I've reloaded the page, clicked to different links then back to the page and even closed the page and came back. The Chaturbate cookie only counts my visit once after doing any of that.

The only thing that even reasonably makes sense is if a lot of surfers did not have cookies enabled. I haven't tested it but I'd guess that with the browser not accepting cookies that Chaturbate would count each page load because they would have no way of knowing a visitor had been there before. If that is the case it brings up the questions of why visitors would sit there refreshing the main page but not really click on any other pages.

Hands Free Adult - Join Once, Earn For Life

"I try to make a habit of bouncing my eyes up to the face of a beautiful woman, and often repeat “not mine” in my head or even verbally. She’s not mine. God has her set aside. She’s not mine. She’s His little girl, and she needs me to fight for her by keeping my eyes where they should be."
stocktrader23 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote