View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:50 AM  
raymor
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
no, not pulling your chain. as somebody who might be in the market for cam site software i want to be confident in the software i select and the company behind it. i know all software has bugs and will continue to as it evolves.

if NATS was on GFY looking for freelance remote programmers it would make me less confident in them. if i invest in software and base my entire business success on it i want to have confidence in the team/developers behind it. it wouldn't be very reassuring if when bugs/problems arise i see the company on GFY, oDesk, etc looking for freelance help.

different if you were looking to hire a full time in house developer to solidify your team.

i do want to look at your software.
To me, a company looking for developers with expertise in a specific area is an active company that's continuing to enhance their software and develop new features.

Also, a company that doesn't take advantage of experts outside of their geographic area and does everything in house is foolish. A cam company would be smart to hire a codec / parameters expert for a few hours, a GUI expert for a few days, etc. A recent example is we just worked with the guy responsible for Linux RAID. Noone in the world knows more about Linux RAID than he. If I tried to do those kernel fixes in house it's practically guaranteed we wouldn't do as good of a job as he did.

You mentioned NATS. If they posted here and ended up with me working with them on security, to improve the security of their product, would you see that as a bad thing? Not that they'd have to come to GFY to find, John has my number, but just as an example.

Last edited by raymor; 03-26-2012 at 11:55 AM..
raymor is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote