View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:29 AM  
rayadp05
TRUEAMATEURMODELS.COM

Industry Role:
Paysite Members Area - Zip Files - Good Or Bad?

I am currently in the process of setting up the Elevated-X CMS for my paysite, and have been wondering if whether or not I should offer zip files in the members area. Of course, I understand that for the members, this is a very convenient option. And since my website has approxmately 950 galleries (with about 100 to 300 exclusive pictures in each one) - this seems to be a very reasonable option to offer. There are videos on the site too, but the site is primarily a photo based site.

However, I can see it both ways. From the members standpoint, having the ability to download zip files is very convenient, and saves a lot of time. But what about from the webmasters point of view? Wouldn't a webmaster prefer for the members to log in to the members area when they want to see the content, instead of browsing through the folders on their computers? Personally, I would rather the members log in, so they could become familar with the other sections of the site, and the members area, in general - as well as with the content that resides within it.

Obviously, that's one of the reasons why you want to update your members area regularly, and always on time (so that the members will return) and I have done this for 7 years, without missing 1 single weekly update, so I understand that...but still, what is the benefit to the webmaster for offering the members to download zip files? Other than getting a higher rating at the review sites? I really would love for you to contribute your opinions, because I don't now what I am going to do. So yeah, I am leaning both ways - 50/50.

Last edited by rayadp05; 03-29-2012 at 03:40 AM..
rayadp05 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote