View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 12:24 PM  
Ruseful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
And every paysite in the world would be making bank because their videos are all over those same tube sites that orgasms.xxx is on (whether submitted or stolen)

And yet...the industry as a whole is on life support.

That's where the disconnect comes in for me. It isn't like anybody on here is doing ANYTHING differently on tube sites.
And yet we have a handful who say they are just killing it.

And yet there is absolutely nothing different about their approach from everybody else.

So everybody should be kicking ass! And we should all be working as hard as we can to give away everything we have so we can make more money?

I don't know. Common fucking sense says differently.
Hi Robbie, one of the most common mistakes I see on the tubes from content owners is that they look and say "I think I should try a few 7 min clips on the tubes" and tell their editor to, or themselves make a few 7 min clips for the tubes. This is what I normally see:
They tend to grab a 7 min segment from a full scene. i.e. simply grabbing min 5-12 of a 16 min scene.
This is a scene from their back catalogue.
They do not include an ending (cum shot/orgasm etc)
Their watermarks do not stand out
Their titles are terrible
Minimal keywords/tags
They try to cram too much in the 200x80 icon and their site description is awful.

All this ends in minimal views, minimal click throughs and zero sales. A real disaster zone. These content owners then tell everyone that the tubes don't convert and they are to blame for their demise.
  Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote