View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 12:42 PM  
Ruseful

Quote:
Originally Posted by signupdamnit View Post
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I certainly won't argue that the numbers you have presented to us are bad. To the contrary they seem extremely good. Some things caught my eye though.

You mention an estimated $1 profit (even after affiliate payouts and not including rebills) in new sales per 1,000 tube views. Now I think that would blow anyone away because that is nothing short of awesome. But then I saw where you mentioned a 1% ctr and a 1:833 ratio. And that just doesn't seem to add up unless there is something I am missing (but please see later where I double or triple the ctr to try to account for typeins too).

10,000 tube views * .01 (1% ctr) = 100 clicks to your website

But you said you have a 1:833 ratio and make $1 from every 1,000 tube views?

But even from the numbers you present it would actually take you approximately 80,000 tube views to make one sale.

80,000 tube views * .01 (1% ctr) = 800 clicks to your site

And you claim a ratio of 1:833 (is that raw or unique by the way? If unique then we probably have to adjust further).

You stated that you estimate that you get 3,000,000 views on all your videos per day from all tubes. Doing the math I come up with the following:

3,000,000 * .01 (1% ctr) = 30,000 raw hits to your site

30,000 / 833 (but is the ratio raw or uniques?) = 36 new sales per day

But in your post you say you average 120 new signups per day. I suppose maybe the discrepancy has something to do with typeins. If we doubled the ctr due to the typeins that would give you 72 new sales per day. If we tripled it that would give you 108 sales per day.

In any even even using the triple ctr of 3% :

3,000,000 * .03 (3% ctr) = 90,000 hits to your sites / 833 (raw or unique?) = 108 new sales per day.

But if you really make $1 per 1,000 tube views that would mean from those 108 new signups and other revenue from the sites you would make $3,000 post affiliate payouts and without taking into account rebills as you state. Are you sure this is correct? It seems rather extraordinary.
Hi Signupdamit, you are right in your dissection of my numbers. I get and average 1% click throughs from the banners on the tubes. I also get an equivalent of 2% direct type ins from that same traffic. so, your workings that I get around $3k per day on new sign ups is correct. I also have re bills that are generating significant daily revenues too. So, you will probably be adding up that I am making taking $150k-$180k a month, which is correct.

I will say, that Brazzers sites and Manwins other pay sites do not even get preferential treatment on any of the Manwin's tubes. Did you catch Fabian's keynote? He was very clear on that. The chances we would are zero.
  Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote