View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 02:33 PM  
seeric

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far-L View Post
Keep waiting because getting good ratios is not going to happen overnight and, frankly, most people won't figure it out because it actually does require an investment of time and energy and most people want a quick fix and a thousand sign ups in a week for no effort at all. Keep waiting because most of those that are successful at it don't want to help you. In fact, they can't wait to see your body floating by in the river of web failure like so many other webmasters. (Sun Tzu once said "victory is seeing the bodies of your enemies floating past in the river").

Peabody gave it a shot because he saw companies like Homegrown and others doing it. I have never seen him kiss Manwin's ass over it either. He seems to have approached it very much like us - cautiously and professionally and forming his own opinion based on his own unique experience. Still, in spite of acknowledging him as a straightshooter you can't take what he says according to your so-called standards of objectivity.

What makes people like Robbie have so much value to what he is saying then? No disrespect to him but he pretty much admitted he only took a very small crack at it, didn't like it, but now is saying not only that he would have to try again, but also started his own tubes, and even turned Claudia's site tour into a tube. So he is in fact a "tube site owner" and I suppose when he starts doing well with it then he will be a kiss ass too?

The sad thing is I am truly trying to help you but you can't hear my advice or anyone else's that has tried offering meaningful and practical business wisdom just because you have this false notion that I am along with others trying to defend Manwin.

Manwin scares me. They should scare everyone. They don't need me to defend them and they don't care if I do or don't. They are running a business. I am running a business. If we can make money together then all is good but that doesn't make us anything beyond what our partner agreement or affiliate terms describe. So quit painting me as some sort of Manwin booster-boy. More often than not they have to put up with us being a squeaky wheel about stuff so they probably consider us like a fly on a horse's ass that has to be flicked away constantly with a whip of the tail.
I <3 Far-L.
seeric is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote