View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 05:37 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel_Crak View Post
Well, i said it "supposed" to be the biggest ,,, honestly i heard many times that it PHX was the biggest usa show... If Internext has the double well good things, maybe its the venue/city that makes this impression because vegas is so huge, same as the conference hotel compare to phx, were the hotel is exclusive and Tempe is much more quiet..

I think also last Year Vegas was a great comeback year, and during few years AVN stop organising it and it drop, so im glad its back at this nice level and count me in again this year for sure... AVN team is my favorite show organising team and all always fully satisfied when im attend your event... see ya in January...

Didnt know that, oldest doesnt mean best/biggest but its a sign of quality and succes

Bonjour Jill, sorry but what does that mean ? i dont get it
The Phoenix show has a great rep for treating the industry well at the show It's comfortable and in a small hotel that makes it easy to see everybody.

But it was never as big of a show as Internext is. Matter of fact...back around 1998 to 2002...Internext was gigantic. We used to do a big 20x20 booth when it was at The Sands Expo Center in the Venetian with models from the content company I owned at the time doing couch dances for webmasters.
One year a company even brought in a full size virtual reality ride like you see at amusement parks!

There were thousands of people there. And much money to be made.

But that was pre-piracy.

Internext now is a much smaller affair. But still a lot bigger than Phoenix Forum.

Both shows suffer from the fact that so many affiliates have dropped out and so many sponsors no longer have the money to throw big parties and have big exhibits,etc.

Overall, they both have their pluses. Phoenix is a more laid back feel. Vegas is more wide open fun. I like both.

But I've skipped Phoenix the last few years. For me, as an affiliate and a program owner...I don't really get anything out of it.

And since I live in Vegas, it doesn't make any sense for me to drive 4 hours south to Phoenix to party...I already live in a great party town.

And speaking of parties...everyone has their own style. But over the years I've made twice as many deals and money attending parties late at night at Internext and Phoenix Forum and XBiz and Webmaster Access shows than during the days.
The days are mostly seminars. No way to cut a deal while you're listening to a speaker.
The new "speed networking" concept is pretty cool. But after you've been in this business a couple of decades, you already know everybody and what they are pushing.
Plus you can meet those same people over a social drink in the evening anyway.

Last edited by Robbie; 10-21-2012 at 05:38 PM..
Robbie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote