View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM  
sperbonzo
I'd rather be on my boat.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCrayon View Post
what does it matter though? all religions are either based on bs stories passed down or ones totally made up. anyone who buys whats in the bible book or mormon or whatever religious doctrine might as well be labeled a kook too.
The fact that Roman Catholics practice ritual cannibalism every Sunday has always been an interesting thing to me. (that and keeping priceless artifacts stolen from all over the planet hidden in the vatican is an interesting one also, but I digress)

I agree with you blackcrayon, even though I'm a practicing (more or less), Jew. I recognize that anyone outside of my religion has legitimate reason to find it kooky and wacky.

Anyone that thinks that just because a certain religion is LESS WACKY just because it is older is just being silly.

When Judaism came along, Hinduism had been around for 4 thousand years.
When Christianity came along, Judaism had been around for 1 to 2 thousand years.
When Islam came along Christianity had been around for 600 years.

Compared to Hinduism, all of the other religions, (according to the logic of the OP), are just cults and their prophets are kooks.....

the whole concept that this is somehow less legitimate than other religions seems like just plain old prejudice and arrogance to me. I personally hate that in religion.

(p.s. when christianity first came along, it was considered a fringe group and a cult by the "establishment")

[email protected] / http://Acellafinancial.com/

ICQ 177961090 / Tel +1 909 NET BILL / Skype msperber

Last edited by sperbonzo; 11-05-2012 at 10:29 AM..
sperbonzo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote