View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 AM  
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbonzo View Post

I agree with you blackcrayon, even though I'm a practicing (more or less), Jew.
why are you a practicing Jew? you either believe the Hebrew Bible, which makes you a kook by your own admission or you observe/obey Jewish religious laws disregarding that you don't really believe those laws were given to Moses by God - which is also kooky.

do you go to a synagogue on Yom Kippur? do you believe God is listening?

i'm fine with the argument that Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism are no better/worse than Mormonism and Scientology - which is Relentless' position.

my point was that the ancient religions gained hold at a time when the world was ignorant to science - much easier to believe in fantastical stories when you have no idea that you're on a round rock travelling around the sun over and over and over in a vast universe of stars. once a religion takes hold, and survives generation by generation, a mystique builds, tradition builds, and people don't even ask why anymore.

and i will bet that's why Sperbonzo is a practicing Jew - tradition and family.

Last edited by Mutt; 11-05-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Mutt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote