View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
This is also what bothers me about these discussions in the US, incidentally. No one asks "what the fuck is up with the parents" which should be the very first question. Instead, its "what music did he listen to", "what video games did he play", "why didn't the school spot this sooner", "it must be vaccines", "it must be additives in food" etc etc. all directing attention away from the real issue and turning it into idiotic gun debate or the need to censor video games... even though its quite obvious that stuff all applies to any developed country and they do not have the same issues.

It's a cultural thing. Everything in the USA is politically correct. There is this growing collective narcissism, where no ones to blame, no one can be called out and a firm belief that its no ones business. You can't demand more of anyone cause nothing is there fault and you're just the asshole.

The true tragedy is that people won't stop and take a look and who they were, who they are and where they are going as a society. It's just so much easier to lay blame and move on.

People make fun of religion but at least in the absence of nationalism, it gives some sort of framework for conduct and whats expected and a social contract. It's not without problems, but then again, neither is the absence of religion.

Wanna know about his parents? Humm so far the media has said his mother had a very survivalist mentality and she pulled him out of school and "home schooled" him & his father wasn't very prevalent in his life. Not to mention the mother was very much into guns and took her sons to the gun range a lot.

Sooo.. what type of people are usually the types of people that home school their children, worry about the doomsday & have a bunch of guns lying around?

Humm my first guess isn't those dirty liberals that want free health care, but maybe I can get a second guess..

Does it not seem just a little bit odd to you that pretty much every one of the teenage shooters in these mass shootings always comes from a home where guns are common place and have usually had a very Conservative upbringing?

Now I'm not against guns as guns are just a tool, but I am for responsibility when it comes to them. However it sure seems to me that it isn't always society that has a problem with responsible gun usage, but usually certain groups with-in that society..

Last edited by crockett; 12-16-2012 at 03:25 PM..
crockett is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote