View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 12:09 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantMercury View Post
And everyone who can work pays in - so if they collect, how do you see it as YOUR money, and not theirs? We're all fucking in it together.
I think you already know the answer to that if you can think clearly about the subject.

I am required by LAW to put aside money for my old age. The govt. collects it.
I retire. I should get my money back.

Theoretically that is what is supposed to happen. I put "x" amount in, and get "x" amount back.

Social Security would break even and be solvent.

But when I put "x" in...a hundred thousand other people put in a tiny amount...then trouble starts.

Which is why they have to keep figuring out ways to keep Social Security solvent.

Now, if the big plan is to take MORE of my money to pay for freeloaders...then it's welfare.

If you like the idea of that and think that you and I should pay for other people...then that would be another discussion/debate.

Otherwise...NO, MY money is not "Theirs". Their money is theirs. If I pay in a couple of hundred thousand...I should get it back when I reach that age.

If not...then it's just a straight up tax for welfare. Nothing more.