View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 AM  
PR_Phil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Phil, what about us people who don't hate guns or "love" guns? I have a shotgun. Haven't fired it in 4 years. Just have it in case I ever woke up with somebody breaking into my home. Doubt I'll ever use, my German Shepard would probably scare them off.

I'm "gun neutral". But I'm "anti-govt" controlling our lives.

All I'm really saying on the subject of guns is this:
IF as a society we decide to allow the govt. to disarm everyone, then we should simply repeal the Second Amendment.

I think that everything else is unconstitutional and doing it half-ass. You would need to repeal it and then round up the guns...and yes that would mean allowing the cops to search our homes. They are getting closer and closer to having that power every decade it seems anyway. (I can't imagine cops being able to search my car in the 1980's, or people allowing TSA agents to search them at airports like criminals...but baby step by baby step they are gaining more power over us and we are more accepting of it).

Do I think it would stop or even slow down violent crimes? No, I don't think so. But I'm just like everybody else...just guessing.
Robbie, I like what you said about just guessing, so am I.