View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 PM  
DTK
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
First off, I believe in a strong 2nd Amendment.

What the pro-gun people seem to miss is that most people are just asking for some sensible gun regulations, like re-institute the assault weapons ban, background checks that filter for people with a history of violence and/or mental problems. You know, the kind of things that rank and file NRA members want.

Of course, the right wing tv/radio screamers won't tell you this.

I saw a show on fox today that was a discussion/debate with a person advocating sensible gun regulations and a representative from the gun lobby.

When confronted with the fact that a strong majority of NRA members want sensible regulations, he simply changed the subject. Actually, his whole thing when presented with facts was to change the subject.

I keep saying it and I'll say it again - the leadership of the NRA are nothing more than paid whores for the gun manufacturers. They don't give a damn about the will of their membership, they just want to help their paymasters sell more guns.

Insane? We'll sell you a gun or three
History of violence? We'll sell you a gun or three

Follow the money guys

Last edited by DTK; 01-13-2013 at 08:38 PM..
DTK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote