Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantMercury View Post
It's not all bad.

But your point is well taken.
If I had my way...I would rather see the deals with the big pharmacy companies broken and the actual reason it is so expensive to go to the doctor or go in the hospital addressed and corrected.

That way "insurance" could go back to being something that you only used in catastrophic cases.

People could just go to the doctor and PAY for it. Just like I did all my life. Just like our parents did. Our grandparents, and so on.

But yeah...if they are going to continue to milk the American people for all we are worth, then it should be "single pay".

The problem I see with that is that once again the "class warfare" will come into play. And then people like us who work hard and make good money will just end up paying the taxes that pay for everyone else to go to the doctor.
Not to mention that it gives the govt. a lot of theoretical control over our lives (they could start telling people not to drink, smoke, eat certain foods, etc)

I think it would be a MUCH better thing to stop the corruption and price gouging and put the insurance companies back in their place as a measure of last resort in case of a horrible accident or terminal illness.

Not something we have to use every time we go to the doctor with a fucking runny nose and then use again when we get our prescription at the drug store. It's really, really ridiculous.

Last edited by Robbie; 01-24-2013 at 10:24 PM..
Robbie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote