View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:12 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantMercury View Post
Agreed. Money that could go to really important things.
It's insanity.

We aren't in any kind of real "war" with any nation. We haven't really been in a big war since WW2.

But for some reason we keep being told we have to spend trillions of dollars for "defense".

Defense against what?

When we entered WW2 we weren't prepared for it. But we mobilized and within weeks we built a huge military force. There was no need to spend ridiculous amounts to be "ready".

Now in 2013 we have already spent the last 60 years building a huge military for no reason.

And if you try to cut back NEW spending on it...the Pentagon screams that we are "gutting" the military.

Maybe you can see why I'm a Libertarian with my thinking.

My personal feeling is that the govt. is out of control. I don't think we should be imperialistic and invading OR occupying other countries. I don't think the govt. should be in our bedrooms. I don't think the govt. should be able to tell us what we can and can't see, think, or hear. I don't think the govt should be able to tell us what we ingest in our own bodies.

I think the govt. should be just big enough (local and federal) to provide necessary services to it's citizens, police should only be used for REAL crimes (stealing, murder, rape, breaking and entering, assault, etc.), the military should be TINY in times of peace.

I am so disgusted with our sexually repressed society and our overbearing govt. that I am seriously longing to leave the country and live in the Bahamas.