View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 AM  
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
i see some fruit in the American family's photo

the Canadian one looks like the typical North American family's food shopping, whoever did this wanted to make a point so went out and hand picked or worse the American family. i am sure if they put an ad in the paper for volunteer middle class families to take part and the American family they selected at random had bought a healthier assortment of groceries they've have kept picking families until they got one to match their preconceived notion.

Looking at the 'Third World' families - I don't feel so bad, I see healthy food. The African ones, Chad and Mali look bleak.

brings back memories of growing up, buying one week of groceries for a family is how i grew up. i'm not sure that's how it is these days, i'm single so wouldn't really know. my mom didn't drive until i was a teenager so it was one big grocery shopping outing a week for a family of 5 - my sisters and I would attack the good shit fast, potato chips and Hostess crap would last 2 days max, then 5 long days waiting.