View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:52 PM  
AJ_NETWORK
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Is bitcoin dying?

Fuck! I just checked mtgox and bitcoin is at $70 now, I know this doesn't matter for anybody except people who already have or are waiting on a heavy duty miner, but in order for this to continue to be viable, the value has to go up along with the difficulty rate, otherwise mining loses its power every day.

I'm also infuriated by these con-artists who call themselves "butterfly labs" and have kept people waiting for over a year for their mining units, including me. I pre-ordered their shitty little jalapeno at the beginning of the year, and at the time it was calculated to mine $50-$60 worth of btc per day, but even if I got it now, it would make me $7.50 per day, so by the time I get it, it'll probably be closer to $2.00 per day, which is a nice jr bacon cheeseburger every day, but it ain't no fucking $60 that I was hoping for.

What do you guys think? is bitcoin just in a slump? or is it circling the drain?