View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 04:32 PM  
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_NETWORK View Post
I'm also infuriated by these con-artists who call themselves "butterfly labs" and have kept people waiting for over a year for their mining units, including me. I pre-ordered their shitty little jalapeno at the beginning of the year, and at the time it was calculated to mine $50-$60 worth of btc per day, but even if I got it now, it would make me $7.50 per day, so by the time I get it, it'll probably be closer to $2.00 per day, which is a nice jr bacon cheeseburger every day, but it ain't no fucking $60 that I was hoping for.
Apparently they are local to me, I had not realized that.

Just saw a post on coindesk that says they have just shipped all orders through July 2012. So, they are only a year backlogged now. So, let's see, you ordered at the beginning of this year so maybe you will see it by December

http://www.coindesk.com/butterfly-la...lapeno-orders/

Quote:
Finally, after more than a year of waiting, those who preordered the 5GH/s Jalapeno ASIC Bitcoin miner from Butterfly Labs should start receiving their orders. Butterfly Labs announced today that nearly every Jalapeno order through July 3rd 2012 has been shipped out. They have promised that every backlogged order will be shipped within the next 90 days and this morning they posted a picture up of over 100 units that were on their way out the door.

Butterfly Labs has been the source of much excitement and almost equal scorn since they started taking orders for their much anticipated ASIC miners last year. Initially they told people that their orders would start shipping in a matter of three months, and preorders flooded in. Over a year later almost no one had received anything. To make matters worse, Butterfly Labs seemed to continually make shallow excuses as to why they weren?t able to ship, that is if they were responding to customers at all.

sarettah is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote