View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 12:23 PM  
Naughty-Pages
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt76 View Post
You have sense but I think:
2. I think about some items: mobile, popunders and other can be placed in some different topics. It have different info, maybe different sources, different targets and other!
Can be in one topic but can be in different.
3. I can`t edit first our message in topic and can`t take for people new corrected data!
I agree with what he is trying to say.. lol
I think having to combine different services into one thread is a massive step backwards..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
If you have any questions about the rules, ask them in this thread.
K... here we go:

When it comes to rule #3:
Say I decide to sell a bunch of domain names cheap, like my post here:
https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1120926

If I sell them all the first day then I cannot create another thread for a week?
(That just seems to impede the purpose of this section and would be counter-productive for the forum)

When it comes to Rule #1, #3, #4:
(I am confused a bit because they are kind of similar and sound a little contradictory)
As I mentioned earlier.. we have over 1000 sites.. selling domains, links, posts, content, ppc traffic, banner spots, pop-unders, sites, etc.. it's a little different than someone who just sells one script and that's all they do.. or someone who owns 12 blogs in the same niche and is selling posts. etc.. etc.. If the products being sold are entirely different, I gotta say that it would be a negative (and completely confusing) thing for the buy and sell forum if 6 entirely different products were required to be in the same thread....

I mean if I am selling names as a bulk deal.. say 10 domains for $25 total, and I have blog posts, and I am also doing PPC Text ads, and banner spots, gay links, tranny links, teen links, and some premium EMD domains for $100, and selling a website, and I want to sell a foot fetish photo set... holy crap, I wouldn't even know where to begin on the topic title, let alone the format of the actual post. Combine that with if in the middle of it all, some domains are sold and also some link spots are sold out, keeping that thread organized and comprehensible would be impossible, as most people just look at the first post. edit: I just read this paragraph and I must say, I am confused just reading it.. lmao, imagine what people looking to buy would be in for if I get confused just explaining it.. lol

Again, I am all on board for the no bumping rule, and I fully understand why you're putting these rules in place... but for companies that offer multiple distinctly different services, it would be beneficial to the forum to have people be allowed to make different topics for entirely different services. Having a mix-match bunch of stuff that are totally irrelevant all in one topic seems beyond going overboard. I mean it is one thing for someone to be selling 10 domain names and do 10 different topics (that should be a no-no), but having a separate topic for things that are not relevant to each other just makes sense

It's like going to the classified section in your local newspaper to look for a job, but it's impossible to find the job listings because everything is all in one section randomly mixed in with garage sale notices, personal ads, real-estate ads, divorce attorney ads, lost pets, and a dozen other topics..

Imagine going to craigslist and there is just one topic... and you have to dig through a ton of irrelevant stuff to find the products or services you need.

NOW, if you had the buy and sell forum have subforums, that would be beyond fucking awesome!!! Domain Sales, Site Sales, Content Sales, Traffic Sales, and Misc. (and no posting in the current Buy and Sell forum, just archive it).
If that were the case, the rules you have mentioned would make total sense.. it would also make things easier for people to find.

Last edited by Naughty-Pages; 09-16-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Naughty-Pages is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote