View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:25 AM  
Arnox
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EN1GMA View Post
knightmetal, no problem.

Arnox, what can I say? Sorry for trusting people?
So what you mean is that I deserved to be scammed because I trusted in a member with 22 posts? So, all new members or the ones above 100 posts are all scammers? What a great thing to say...
And where I said that was cheap? I didn't paid in total, was 25%

getinxs, I only have read your post after I wrote the reply above. Just to say that we had the same thought as me.
I'm not saying you deserved to get scammed - what I'm saying is that there's a spectrum of reliability that you can put into people based on factors presented before you. Somewhere between an individual with 1,000,000 posts, a portfolio, thousands of positive reviews and threads by independent individuals saying how great he is and Mr. 1 post with no signature, no reference and no previous work to show, there's everyone else.

It sucks, I don't like it, and even though it's programming, it means that people are less likely to trust these types of things online. That, for me, means less business, which is never good.

My point was just that in future, avoid paying upfront for people that don't have anything behind them. See the work, then pay. On these boards, you're the trusted party, not a 2-bit programmer with zero credibility.