View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 07:11 AM  
Paul
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNick View Post
I am quite sure the ISPs see another revenue stream in content protection. I see an end to the free for all. Well the beginning of the end anyway.
Regardless of whether that is true or not it doesn't really matter because the damage/change has been done. We have generations of surfers who are accustomed to getting everything digital for free so even if international laws required ALL digital content to be put behind a paywall and protected (or somehow magically made everything unpirateable) it would take decades to change surfers minds, not going to happen.

The smart companies adapted and offered surfers digital content at a price they where prepared to pay and most importantly they offered a platform that was easier and more convenient than downloading files illegally.

Then we're left with the whiny fucking cry babies i.e. the majority on this forum who bitch and whine on a daily basis about Tubes, Filelockers, BitTorrent etc etc

But still charge $29.99 per month, barely update their sites, are still promoting their content the same way they did 10 years ago etc

The mentality by many on this forum is exactly the same as the mentality the adult magazines like Hustler & Penthouse had in the early 90s towards the internet.

"The internet came along and we couldn't compete"

It's not that they couldn't, they wouldn't!

I'm just sick of the complaining, if you can no longer make money from digital content then for fuck sake start marketing something you can make money from. No point complaining like a broken record because the market changed
Paul is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote