View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM  
Jel
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by signupdamnit View Post
I'm thinking this is it. I'll explain. $35 or $30 PPS has been the standard for over 15 years. If they dropped it on normal customers they might get a lot of affiliates getting upset. Enter the mobile explosion somewhere around 2008. By then affiliates were already in decline and now they don't care as much so they give less and they know they can get away with it. With mobile projected to rise it's a clever way to cut out affiliates even more.

It's the same thing for why affiliates don't get money on ccbill programs under revshare for cross sales or why it's okay to collect email addresses and sell other programs without paying the affiliate anything. Or all the other bullshit. It's because they can. As the affiliate model in adult declined it only got worse as the sponsors increasingly decided they could get away with more.
well to be fair, I can see why you don't get cross sells revenue on revshare, and collect email addys, and so on.

What I'm not understanding is why for the same revenue from the surfer, I'm getting $5 less. I wouldn't get 33.5% on revshare for mobile surfers, so why am I getting 16.5% less on a PPS, from 30 > 25?

Unless I'm missing something, of course. Weird though that dating pay extra for mobile joins, and paysites pay less for them
Jel is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote