View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM  
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
The best traffic I ever bought from a broker isn't in business anymore. With that said I've made sales with Juicy Ads among a few others and over 33% of my cam income for years has come from paid traffic. I'm probably one of the few that hasn't sold ad spots on my own sites in 10+ years, prefer to circle my own traffic through my own network instead of selling it off.

So many variables...

1)What type of traffic are you buying? You can pull sales off from skimmed/blind/popunder but actual "clicked" traffic is the best for sales, so more of a cost/results analysis to see which type works best for ya.

2)What GEO are you buying? If you or the program can't convert certain countries then no use purchasing from those countries unless your simply looking for cheap Alexa boost or traffic trading boost on free sites.

3)Have ya optimized/tweaked your sales pages?, sometimes split testing and some minor change can improve conversions drastically, reason ya see companies whose whole business model is just tweaking other sponsors pages to find out what converts best. If your using banners/thumbs good to split test those as well and find some high CTR ones to use.

4)Are you buying from run of the network or are you actually buying from individual related sites that match your niche? Sending MILF traffic to a Teen site not gonna pan out as well.

In the beginning you will definitely be throwing some money out the window as most brokers have sellers/sites that will be a better match for what you are promoting along with shitty sellers that slip through the cracks that need to be eliminated/blocked from your purchases. Key is to track every buy with tagging combined with analytics and view sales, bounce rate etc... and eliminate shit buys and increase spending to what is working. So over time you swing the fail into the win category so the money you waste is actually paying for your traffic buying education.

Throwing thousands at any broker may make them happy but will never pan out without tweaking type of traffic, geo of traffic, niche matching traffic and split testing different landers as quality traffic doesn't usually come in bulk. Quality over Quantity.
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote