View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 10:09 PM  
coogle

:2cents Industry Focused PHP Conference

Hey all,

I thought I would post here because it's probably the best way to reach a large portion of the industry regarding something we are planning to coincide with the AVNs in Jan 2014 - a PHP tech conference geared toward the needs of the adult industry called PHPx.

The conference as I said would be held in Vegas around on during the AVN awards and would present itself largely as an edgy mainstream conference but our audience would be adult industry companies. The conference would be broken down into two major segments, the breakout sessions presented by top-tier PHP talent on technical issues that are valuable to the sites the industry runs such as those related to performance, security, architecture, etc. and an executive-level networking event that will give industry technical executives an opportunity to discuss the latest in technology provided by mainstream companies.

Firstly, is there interest in such an event within the industry? Pricing has not yet been finalized but we will be putting together our sponsorship package soon and looking for industry sponsors interested in developer recruitment, etc. so if you represent an interested company please let me know.

Secondly, any feedback any of you have on the concept is much appreciated. From the types of technical issues that would be valuable to have more education on, to format, to anything else on your mind. The goal of this conference in my eyes is to provide the same quality of technical exposure and corporate networking as is available to other industries.

Cheers!
coogle is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote