View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 05:02 AM  
xpimp
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashyGirl View Post
I've had domains there since 1998. They were not the only game in town back in the late 90's, early new millennium, but they had the best UI (other than the shitty upsell attempts) and "deals". In the past few years, as long I found coupon codes to bring the price down within range to other registrars, I didn't feel compelled to transfer domains outta there. But GD has eliminated almost all discount codes related to renewals. In the past few months, the cheapest I had found was $5 off the $14.99 renewal ($9.99 renewal) and GD is still charging the whopping $9.99 amount for privacy. GD is also trying to sell their discount domain club which is supposed to give members renewal discounts, but the fee to "join" is a joke (meaning outrageous) factored against the discount.
right now the only thing that i'm using from their services is their aftermarket, buy a domain and then i'm running away with it asap, of course after getting the desired domain(changing the ownership details), they trigger that shitty 60 days lock and if you are asking them to remove it, they require all kinds of legal documents so that you will not get away so fast, because of this issue, many times i still had to pay that fucking renewal fee when i've got a domain that was just about 1 month to expire

besides those, their email support is absolutely shit, staying at least 24 hours for a fucking and useless reply where they copy paste the same shit that i just told them that i read about it.

and then they want me to call them for a so called "fast suport", fuck off, who the fuck will pay the bill for calling from europe to states.

Last edited by xpimp; 03-09-2014 at 05:10 AM..
xpimp is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote