View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 11:54 AM  
Vyn Yze

Industry Role:
Publishing Amateur Content & the Law

Hi,

I have a question regarding publishing amateur content - I would be very thankful for your opinion:

I had a website some time ago where I published amateur sex photos and videos - the website is not online anymore, but I'm thinking about re-starting it. But now I have second thoughts about it - the reason:

Obviously I don't have the permission of the people featured in the content to publish it, and I also have no proof of age. With amateur content, it cannot be ruled out with absolute certainty that a person was underage at the time the photo / video was taken.

Of course I would never post anything where it's obvious that a person is underage, but as I said, sometime that's not so easy to discern.

I've noticed that most of the amateur forums have a disclaimer that says that they don't assume any responsibility for the content posted. Instead, the posters themselves have to confirm that they have the rights to the images and that the people featured are of age.

But since I am the person running the website, the responsibility would lie with me. So my question is:

Is it still "ok" to run an amateur website in your opinion, or is the legal risk to big?

Do you know of someone who got busted for posting amateur content?

Thanks for your opinions already in advance!

Vyn
Vyn Yze is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote