View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 11:50 PM  
Paul&John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by editeur View Post
I'm Russian. It seems like everyone who watch TV went batshit crazy. It took just a couple of month to completely wash their brains out. Quite scary to see seemingly normal people turning into zombies, but it could be entertaining if you have some naturalist vein in you.
Those who don't watch it still more or less sane.
So not sure about 84%, but it very well could be true. Or not, nobody knows. My friends mostly don't watch tv so they are sane.

About the sanctions. Economy came to halt moths before the sanctions, seems like the sanctions haven't changed anything much yet. I've filled up my fridge with Italian Parmesan, should be enough till October or November. Less variety in markets. Some food prices, like meat etc go up with accelerating speed, but nothing catastrophic yet, we've been having over 6% inflation for years,and food prices inflation was even higher, I'd say above 20% yearly.
We'll see, but I doubt the sanctuons will be effective unless Europe stops buying oil.

upd: I think all this crisis is just a cover up operation for deteriorating state economy. Now putin and his gang just can say that it's like not their fault and not because state corruption, it's the sanctions and the West.
Nice thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nr4d View Post
Yes, they still import goods from outside of the EU *BUT* I would imagine it's just as hard to cover all of the food needs of a country that large when so much of thier food was imported. On the news here it says that people from kaliningrad (for those that don't know - russian enclave attached to poland somewhat like how alaska is attached to canada) are basically doing grocery shopping in poland and driving back over border with trunks full of food because there is nothing on store shelves there at all anymore.
Yeah of course that's doable if you are in Kaliningrad or in Russia close to let's say Finland, but if you are deep inside then.... you can be fucked