View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 07:38 AM  
Twerk God

Industry Role:
Hey guy's I wasn't gonna post this but I keep seeing that Jetpack keeps being mentioned. Here is the truth about jetpack! Jetpack is fucking awesome BUT not if you are running tons of media on your site as most of us would be. Why I say that? Well if you are using Jetpack you are using Wordpress and Wordpress is already slow when it comes to page load speed. Jetpack has amazing features but if you are about to load this plugin just to use 2-3 of it's features then you are gonna suffer slowing your site down.

Don't get me wrong if you plan on using most its features go get it NOW!...But if you load just for social sharing, or something like that, consider other better light weight plugins!

I can't tell you how many wordpress tech sites tell you to avoid keeping plugins that you don't use because of it's many problems.

Only download what you plan to use and if it doesn't work delete it completely and find an alternative.

All this is based on my own experience and can be backed up by your own trial and error.

If you need a social sharing plugin then find a social sharing plugin ONLY not something bundled with features that could end up causing you headaches down the line.

1 last bit of advice, test your site before you add each plugin and then after you download and activate a new one test it again! Then you decide for yourself if the extra load time is worth having that plugin or if there is a better alternative for your needs!

love you guys and thanks for adding value to this thread