View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 10:53 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Pink View Post
That brings up another observation. I'm in Kentucky right now and it's cold as shit, 17 degrees. Yesterday was a record low for this time of year and the night before local news stories were full of pet warnings and homeless shelter interviews. Most of the shelters were church based and showed mostly males and asked for clothing donations.

Didn't show any women or kids which would have really upped any contributions. Are there lots of separate shelters just for women/kids? I have no idea ....

Several years ago I dated a woman that worked for an organization that ran shelters for women who were mostly victims of abuse. They also worked with many other agencies and organizations. There are a lot more options for women especially if they have children then single men. In some cases if it a family with a husband, wife and kid(s) they will have the guy in one shelter and the women and children in another. Also, in many agencies women with kids get priority.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote